Are you seeing your Xbox One activate randomly? This difficulty can have a number of completely different causes. Whereas it’s usually onerous to diagnose precisely what’s unsuitable, now we have a number of components it’s best to test to pin down why your Xbox One randomly activates.
Strive every one in every of them in flip and it’s best to be capable to cease it from occurring.
Why Does My Xbox One Flip On by Itself?
Examine the next settings and components in case your Xbox One activates by itself:
- Wipe down the entrance of your console close to the Xbox emblem energy toggle.
- For the reason that Xbox One doesn’t have a bodily energy button, its capacitive button triggers when touched. A little bit of grime, your pet’s tail, or perhaps a static discharge can flip the system on inadvertently.
- If in case you have a Kinect, saying Hey Cortana, Xbox on or Xbox on will flip in your system with voice instructions. It’s finicky, so you may flip your system on accidentally with an identical phrase.
- You possibly can disable this by visiting Settings > Energy & startup > Energy mode & startup and disabling Get up Xbox by saying “Hey Cortana, Xbox on.”
- Some have reported that disabling computerized updates can repair this difficulty. Head to Settings > System > Updates and uncheck Hold my console updated. You possibly can uncheck Hold my video games & apps updated as properly if you happen to like.
- Urgent the Xbox button on a controller will flip the system on. Thus, your Xbox controller could be faulty.
- Strive eradicating the batteries out of your controller and see in case your Xbox One retains turning on by itself to check this.
- Disable the Instantaneous-on mode, which lets your Xbox begin up sooner from a sleep-like state. To take action, go to Settings > Energy & startup > Energy mode & startup and choose Energy mode.
- Change this from Instantaneous-on to Vitality-saving, which totally shuts down the console every time. It’s essential to press the Xbox button on a controller or the system to start out it.
- With some televisions units, turning in your TV might also flip in your Xbox.
- This is because of an option named HDMI-CEC or similar. Turning this off in your TV ought to preserve your Xbox from turning on together with your TV.
- Strive plugging your Xbox into one other outlet, or immediately into the wall if you have it plugged into a power strip.
- Absolutely energy off your Xbox by holding the Xbox energy button on the entrance of the system for about 10 seconds. Then unplug the Xbox’s energy provide for a short while earlier than connecting it once more and turning it again on.
- Be sure to’ve utilized all Xbox One system updates, as they will resolve issues.
Your Xbox One Is Most likely Not Haunted
The possibilities are that one in every of these is inflicting your Xbox One to activate by itself. You possibly can at the very least relaxation assured that it’s not haunted. Most likely. If you happen to nonetheless have the identical difficulty after making an attempt all of those fixes, it’s best to contact Xbox Support.
Try our article more useful Xbox One settings for extra tweaks you can also make.
Picture Credit score: Marco Verch/Wikimedia Commons
Learn the total article: Why Does My Xbox One Turn On by Itself?