At this time is the ultimate day of CES 2019 in Las Vegas, the place 1000’s of firms confirmed off their newest related tech merchandise. As regular, Apple didn’t have an official presence on the present ground, however there have been a number of bulletins and all kinds of product unveilings which might be tied to its ecosystem.
MacRumors attended CES 2019 and has shared numerous articles and videos on our YouTube channel in regards to the present all through the week. We have wrapped up a few of the notable bulletins from the week under.
AirPlay 2-enabled sensible TVs
With out attending, Apple stole a few of CES 2019’s thunder by saying this week that AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs are coming from main producers, together with Samsung, LG, Sony, and Vizio. In the meantime, up-and-coming Chinese language sensible TV model TCL informed MacRumors it’s “currently committed to Roku.”
Good TVs from LG, Sony, and Vizio, however not Samsung, may also assist HomeKit. Samsung sensible TVs are, nevertheless, getting an exclusive iTunes TV and Movies app for accessing bought and rented content material from Apple’s storefront.
Mophie battery instances for iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR
Apple-certified accent maker Mophie will likely be releasing Juice Pack Access battery cases for the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR for $119.95 every within the first quarter of 2019. The juice packs prolong the battery lifetime of the iPhone XS by as much as 25 hours, and the iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR by as much as 31 hours.
In contrast to Apple’s older Good Battery Circumstances for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 7, the Juice Packs cost the iPhone wirelessly through the Qi normal, leaving the Lightning connector free for equipment and different makes use of. Apple is rumored to release a new Smart Battery Case for the iPhone XS, however has but to take action.
HomeKit every little thing
Quite a few sensible dwelling equipment had been unveiled at CES 2019 with HomeKit compatibility both at launch or promised later this yr:
- Door Locks and Doorbells: Netatmo Smart Video Doorbell, Robin Telecom ProLine Doorbell, Kwikset Premis Contemporary and Mighton Avia
- Lights and Switches: Nanoleaf Hexagon Light Panels, Eve Light Strip and Eve Energy Strip, Philips Hue outdoor lighting range, C by GE lights, Belkin Wemo switches, and Brilliant Control switches
- Miscellaneous: Arlo Ultra 4K security camera, Gardena Smart System gardening range, U by Moen smart shower system, TP-Link Kasa smart plug, Honeywell Home T9 and T10 Pro smart thermostats, IKEA Kadrilj and Fyrtur smart blinds, and First Alert’s second-generation Safe & Sound all-in-one smoke and carbon monoxide detector and speaker
Apple-certified Lightning to USB-C cables
Final month, Apple knowledgeable members of its Made for iPhone program that third-party Lightning to USB-C cables are now permitted to be manufactured, and CES 2019 noticed the introduction of the primary choices from Belkin and Griffin. The cables will likely be obtainable from each accent makers within the spring.
CarPlay is now manufacturing facility put in in well over 400 vehicle models, however some makes and fashions together with older automobiles don’t assist Apple’s in-car software program platform. For this, there are aftermarket CarPlay receivers, and we noticed new wired and wi-fi choices debut from Kenwood and JVC, Sony, and Alpine at CES 2019.
Pioneer additionally unveiled its newest receiver that turns an iPhone or Android smartphone into a car entertainment display.
Docks, chargers, and instances
- Elgato unveiled its Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock with two USB-C ports, two USB-A ports, two Thunderbolt three ports, one DisplayPort 1.2, one Gigabit Ethernet port, a three.5mm audio output, and SD and microSD card readers.
- Anker introduced that its PowerPort Atom PD 1 energy adapter, which it calls “the world’s smallest Energy Supply wall charger,” will likely be available to order later this month. Priced at $29.99 in the USA.
- Satechi launched two new power adapters with combo USB-C and USB-A ports.
- ZAGG unveiled a new line of keyboards for the latest iPad and iPad Pro models.
- OtterBox introduced a partnership with PopSockets for a new series of “Otter + Pop” cases for iPhones
Movies: Better of CES 2019 and its Unveiled, Pepcom, and ShowStoppers occasions
For extra bulletins and protection, take a look at our CES 2019 news hub.
This text, "CES 2019 Wrap-Up: AirPlay 2 TVs, Battery Cases for Latest iPhones, Third-Party Lightning to USB-C Cables, and More" first appeared on MacRumors.com
Discuss this article in our boards