For those who’re seeking to transfer your well being knowledge from an outdated Apple Watch to a brand new one, you’ve got received some decisions to make.
While you transfer to a brand new Apple Watch or new iPhone, one factor that you must keep watch over is your well being knowledge. As a result of it is a very non-public set of data, it is accessible as an non-obligatory set of knowledge to sync to iCloud in iOS 11, in addition to through encrypted iCloud and iTunes backups. If you wish to transfer to a brand new gadget, nevertheless, you may have to resolve the way to carry that info over.
Possibility 1: Again up your well being knowledge with an encrypted iCloud or iTunes backup
Whereas the Apple Watch would not make a backup within the “true” sense of the phrase, it does sync Well being knowledge to your iPhone’s well being repository, together with saving watch faces and the like as a package deal within your iPhone backup. To get well your well being knowledge, you may have to make a backup of your Well being repository — and which means making an iPhone backup.
You create encrypted iCloud backups everytime you again as much as iCloud together with your iPhone, however encrypted iTunes backups are a little bit of a distinct beast. Here is the way to do them.
- Join your iPhone or iPad to your pc through USB.
- Open iTunes
Click on on the gadget icon within the tab bar.
- Click on Abstract when you’re not already in that part.
Click on the checkbox subsequent to Encrypt iPhone/iPad backup. It will permit your Well being knowledge to be backed up.
Again Up Now underneath Manually Again Up and Restore.
Possibility 2: Sync with iCloud
As of iOS 11, Apple presents encrypted syncing of your Well being knowledge to iCloud, simply because it shops your notes, keychain, and different info. Earlier than you resolve to go down this route, nevertheless, you may want to ensure each your iPhone and your Apple Watch are up to date to iOS 11.
As soon as enabled, iCloud will sync your well being knowledge; when you resolve to set up a new iPhone before setting up a new Apple Watch, you must have the ability to sync that over to your Apple Watch with no drawback.
Possibility three: Use Well being Information Importer to maneuver well being knowledge to a brand new iPhone
If you’d like, you possibly can export your knowledge instantly from the Well being app through the Well being Information Importer app. You may get Well being Information Importer on the App Retailer for $3.99; it is a terrific app when you want it, although the opposite two strategies listed above are extra dependable (particularly you probably have a big array of Well being knowledge).
- Open the Well being app in your present iPhone.
- Faucet on the Well being Information tab.
Faucet on the Consumer icon within the upper-right nook.
- Faucet Export Well being Information.
- Faucet Export. This would possibly take a couple of minutes.
Save the ultimate export to the Recordsdata app.
- Arrange your new iPhone to your liking.
- Open the Well being app.
- Arrange your primary info.
- Obtain Health Data Importer from the App Store.
- Open Well being Information Importer.
- Choose export.zip out of your chosen location within the Recordsdata app.
- Choose the person sources you want to import to your new iPhone, or Choose All to maneuver the entire Well being backup to your new gadget.
- Faucet Flip All Classes On on the Well being Entry immediate to permit the app to jot down to your Well being repository.
- Faucet Permit.
Open the Recordsdata app app as soon as Well being Information Importer has completed its import.
- Faucet Choose within the higher proper nook.
- Discover and choose the export.zip Well being file.
Faucet the delete button within the decrease proper nook.
As soon as you’ve got arrange a plan for restoring your well being knowledge on a brand new iPhone or Apple Watch, you can begin the improve course of. Remember to comply with our guides to restoring your Apple Watch or iPhone from backup, in addition to how to sync your Health data.
Have any questions on shifting your well being knowledge to a brand new iPhone or Apple Watch? Tell us down within the feedback.
Replace January 2019: Up to date for iOS 12 and macOS Mojave. Serenity Caldwell contributed to an earlier model of this text.
- Backing up: The ultimate guide
- Best backup services and programs for your Mac
- Best cloud service apps for your iPhone and iPad
- How to back up your Mac
- How to back up your iPhone and iPad
- How to back up your Apple TV
- How to back up your Apple Watch
- How to restore your Mac from a backup
- How to restore your iPhone or iPad from a backup
- How to restore your Apple Watch from a backup
- How to recover your files when you don’t have a backup