Welcome to the 250th version of Android Apps Weekly! Listed below are the large subjects from the final week:
- The Walking Dead: Our World is the next game concerning the standard zombie sequence. It’s additionally the following AR sport for cellular. You stroll all over the world combating zombies and doing all types of Strolling Useless stuff. The sport options co-op challenges, a accumulating factor, and an actual world factor just like Jurassic World Alive or Pokemon Go. The sport formally launches on July 12th. It’s obtainable for pre-registration now.
- MX Player, the iconic video player app, is getting a huge overhaul. It may not be a superb one, although. India’s Instances Group bought a majority stake within the app this week. They wish to flip it into an streaming service for India. That’s a far cry from the rock stable native video participant app that it’s at the moment. We’ve a variety of questions and never a ton of solutions but. As an illustration, MX Participant is standard all all over the world for its video taking part in capabilities. If it transitions into an India-only streaming service, what occurs to the remainder of us? We’ll preserve you up to date as we be taught extra.
- Monument Valley 2 made a ton of money in its first yr of existence. The sport boasted over $10.four million in income. That’s virtually double what the primary Monument Valley had. In fact, iOS gross sales have been greater than Android gross sales and we think about piracy was nonetheless a difficulty very similar to the primary one. Nevertheless, it doesn’t appear to have affected the sport that a lot. The price range for the second sport included $2.three million together with $516,000 in advertising. Which means ustwo made an excellent revenue out of the sport. We’re glad to listen to that.
- Google Duplex is apparently ready for prime time testing. Google introduced that testing is starting quickly earlier this week. Duplex will introduce itself in the beginning of the decision. Companies can decide out of the decision instantly if they need an actual human being on the cellphone. Moreover, a human can take over the decision if the AI begins messing up. It’s going to be an entertaining subsequent few weeks as this begins rolling out. We’ll have extra particulars as they floor.
- Niantic is working on its next proof-of-concept AR game, Codename: Neon. Niantic posted a YouTube video with individuals taking part in the sport. It’s apparently a real-time, aggressive multiplayer expertise. Gamers interact with each other in the true world with their telephones. It appears to be like like a easy shooter. The video is sort of exceptional and the sport appears to be like like enjoyable. Niantic plans to let builders use this tech to construct their very own video games just like how they did with Ingress and Pokemon Go. We advocate hitting the hyperlink above to take a look at the video.
If we missed any massive Android apps or video games information, releases, or updates, inform us about it within the feedback!