Apple is about to report its earnings outcomes for the third quarter of its 2018 fiscal 12 months at 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time at the moment.
The quarter started April 1, 2018 and ran via June 30, 2018, in line with Apple’s fiscal 12 months accounting calendar.
Apple supplied the next steering for the quarter again on May 1:
- income of $51.5 billion to $53.5 billion
- gross margin between 38 and 38.5 %
- op. ex. of $7.7 billion to $7.eight billion
- different earnings/expense of $400 million
- tax charge of roughly 14.5 %
Apple’s steering suggests it is going to report its greatest third quarter outcomes ever, by income, comfortably topping its 2015 report of $49.6 billion:
- 2014: $37.four billion
- 2015: $49.6 billion
- 2016: $42.four billion
- 2017: $45.four billion
- 2018: $51.5+ billion
Wall Avenue analysts forecast that Apple will report $52.three billion income, assembly roughly the midpoint of its steering, and earnings per share of $2.18, in line with 29 estimates averaged by Yahoo Finance.
Key Takeaways and What to Look For
- iPhone unit gross sales of round 41.7 million, in line with a FactSet estimate.
- Apple does not get away iPhone gross sales on a model-by-model foundation, however the iPhone’s common promoting value ought to reveal whether or not the iPhone X remains Apple’s best selling iPhone model since it launched, or if gross sales have slowed. iPhone ASP was $728 final quarter. $606 in year-ago quarter.
- iPad unit gross sales needs to be boosted by the brand new sixth-generation 9.7-inch iPad, launched March 27, simply 4 days earlier than the third quarter.
- Apple’s steering for its fourth quarter, which runs from July 1 via September 29, as new iPhones will seemingly be accessible to order through the ultimate two weeks of the quarter. Analysts count on income of $59.5 billion, based mostly on 29 estimates averaged by Yahoo Finance.
- Apple’s feedback on the commerce battle between america and China, and what influence it might have on Apple merchandise, if any.
- Continued progress of Apple’s Companies class, together with the App Retailer, Apple Music, iCloud, iTunes, Apple Pay, and AppleCare. Loup Ventures expects Services growth of 19 percent on a year-over-year foundation.
- Continued progress of Apple’s Different Merchandise class, together with the Apple Watch, Apple TV, HomePod, AirPods, Beats, iPod contact, and equipment, as Apple diversifies income past the iPhone.
Apple’s CEO Tim Cook dinner and CFO Luca Maestri will talk about the corporate’s earnings outcomes on a conference call at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time at the moment. MacRumors will loosely transcribe the one-hour name because it happens reside.
Discuss this article in our boards